SEARCH TO KNOW SACHIN MORE

AdBrite

Your Ad Here

LOOK FOR SACHIN PICS ,LIVE SCORES,& WIN A LAP TOP

Custom Search

Tuesday 13 January 2009

'I dream of an India that is more than hope' -Article written by Sachin.



The author, Sachin Tendulkar, is history’s most prolific batsman and a living legend -Hindustan Times

My dreams began young. But I always planned on things one step at a time. I think, later, that made all the difference, between just imagining and realising that that imagination needed a focus.

I began playing cricket because everyone around was into cricket. They did play other sports in our neighbourhood, badminton and hockey, volleyball; football was really popular when Mumbai’s monsoon was on, we would dance in the rain as we played the beautiful game, but yet, somehow, it never was quite cricket. Cricket was special.

I think things began to change for me when I began understanding that there was more to cricket than picking up a bat and trying to take a wild swipe at everything that came its way. That was also when I began to dream.

I was around 9 or 10 and, watching my brother and some older guys in the building play, I wanted to be like them, to play like them, with them. My imagination at that stage only took me to a place where I was intensely competitive, enough to be among the top batsmen in my group. If you did well, were lucky, you would get a prized invitation to play with the older boys and if that happened, your success and reputation in the peer group was assured.


No comments: